Nora, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA, USPAP & ISA Compliant through 2017
Type Your Question Here...

Im and i picked up an amoire and bed with the hard board and

Customer Question

Hi pearl, im john and i picked up an amoire and bed with the hard board and foot board and there are no markings on any of the pieces. where would i look for something to give me an idea of what I've got.
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?
Customer: the owner said he boght it 40 yrs ago for !000 dollars and the wood looks like a puzzle and inlaid. also the bolts that hold the top and bottom are inside the wood and you could never lose them the amoire has 4 two that hold the top on and two that hold the bottom and the bed has the same bolts that are in the railing
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: amoire comes apart into9 pieces top sides bottom, 2 doors, a 6/
Category: General
Expert:  Nora replied 4 months ago.

Sounds like you have inlaid wood, or parquetry/marquetry furniture which was prevalently made in the 1930's. Not all furniture pieces are marked and some had tags or labels that were removed. Please send images at your convenience.