Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Consultant
Experience:  Juris Doctor - 27 years of Experience
81266493
Type Your Question Here...

I bought some majesty palms garden. Some of the

Customer Question

Hi, I bought some majesty palms for my garden. Some of the leaves are getting yellow. It starts with large spots?
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the Expert can help you best.
Customer: The spots yellow in color came on first then they seemed to multiply and portions of the leaves are brown. We have them outside.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Expert should know?
Customer: We only planted them 2 weeks ago and people say it could be shock?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: General
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 11 months ago.
It sounds like they are being give too much water. How often do you water them?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Once a day as they are only new
You are over watering them. The soil needs a chance to dry out. In the summer, you should water ever two days.
I don't know where you are. If you are in the Northeast, water every 5 days in the spring.
Also, these plants need to be fertilized. Get a slow release fertilizer and apply it once or twice in the summer when the palms are growing. Avoid applying it every month as it might overwhelm and burn your plants. Please let me know if I can help more. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate me.