Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

If it possible to change the spin of a electron?

Customer Question

Category: General
Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.
Without a doubt that spin can be changed in an election, either before voting or after when the results are cast. Hiring political operatives/PR folks allow the spin put on the statements made to the press on behalf of the particular politician. This will effect his/her status in the public eye and could possibly affect his/her election or reelection. Political spin is used by these operatives in the media for example to change the public's opinion on their candidate. Spin changes the thinking of voters when they enter the voting booth.The Washington Post in March talked about spin and how it affects our political landscape today. There are five ways this happens and ways to be aware of when this is happening:
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the reply. But I think there is some confusion on the question. This is about a "spin of a electron". I had this question under mathematics, but it looks like they now changed it. This is regarding quantum mechanics.

Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.
I am so sorry as reading your question that I saw the word "election" and not "electron". What I have done now is to research what has been done in terms of scientists attempting to spin an electron. Here is what has been reported on this topic:1. Physicists in Europe, California and at Ohio University now have found a way to manipulate the spin of an electron Researchers Discover How to Control Electron Spin Electrically
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.
It is possible but not yet a common technology. It will eventually replace all current electronics that said (i assume in 20 years). The field is called spintronic.
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.
BTW you did not mentioned why you needed to know this. With more details in the question (or related following questions) i could answer deeper.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

sorry Im confused. What did you mean that it will repalce current electronics?

Expert:  Michael replied 5 months ago.
Cambridge University reported in 2014 that the control of the spin of an electron can offer faster computing in years down the line. Its potential foundation of numerous future advances has been demonstrated by scientists at the university and could change what we use today in our daily electronic usage.The full report appears in the October issue of Nature Physics
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.
It will replace it like in the following sequence:Electrical relay, Vacuum Lamp, Transistor, Spintronic.