Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

Where do I start general contractor license

Customer Question

Where do I start for a general contractor license
Category: General
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.
All states require general contractors to have a high school diploma or equivalent and pass a licensing exam. Having experience as well is a added plus. With the average salary of close to $60,000, this is a good career to advance and grow with.Every state requires that you need to be at least 18 years old, able to work in the US, and have a clean work record in construction. All require an exam to be taken so first thing is to check with the state you are living in and see what requirement are needed to pass the exam. Courses are available as well as assistance from trade schools to learn the material and pass the exam.http://contractors-license.org/
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.
I hope the information provided above will help in getting your license in this field. If you could take a moment to rate my assistance so that I know my help was useful as well as allow me to assist other customers such as yourself.Michael