Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747
Type Your Question Here...

We purchased a Brinks Sisco fire proof safe at a goodwill.

Customer Question

we purchased a Brinks Sisco fire proof safe at a goodwill. it came with the combination of 47-78-32-08. i tried the number but it doesnt unlock the safe. Is this the righ combination and if so do I turn the dial to the right or left first?
Category: General
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When I put the dial on 47 do I go completely around 47 to go to 78 so on and so forth???
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I suspect that the safe was sold at a Goodwill because it could not be opened. I don't think that you necessarily have to go around 47 again to 78. Since it hasn't worked that way, try it the other way. Does the safe have a serial number? if so, you might possibly be able to get the genuine combination for it from Honeywell (the parent company for Brinks safes) at 1-***-***-****. Cite to them, that you have a bill of sale proving your ownership of the safe (if you do, even from Goodwill, it will be a point in your favor). Ownership of a safe is generally required to be provable, before a safe co. will give you the registered combination.If you have no bill of sale, at least apply to Honeywell for the owner's manual of your safe. Be sure to have the model # ***** the safe (not the serial number) ready, since they may well ask you for that information before sending you an owner's manual.