A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

I have a Franzen 3-digit combination lock briefcase. I know

Customer Question

I have a Franzen 3-digit combination lock briefcase. I know the combination, bout on one side, (the left), the lock won't open, unless I pry it. The case is in good shape and I would like to continue to use it, but the inability to open the lock easily creates a problem/nuisance. Any suggestions?
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Anything else I can tell the Expert before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Expert about your situation and connect you two.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 6 months ago.
Hello, You can try a tiny squirt of WD-40 (careful not to get it on the leather) and then manipulate the lock for a while to see if that helps to get it unstuck. If it doesn't, there are replacement locks for this briefcase if you are handy at all. Here is one source: The other option is to consult your local shop. Any luggage shop should be able to replace the lock for you. Best regards, Schuyler~