Wayne, Engine Rebuilder
Experience:  many years on egine rebuilding, lawn mower,roto tiller,Truck,and small engines
6825259
Type Your Question Here...

Shwinn (pacific) hybrid: i am recently retired and haven't

Customer Question

i am recently retired and haven't driven a bicycle in decades. i didn't want to spend a lot of money, so I bought a new shwynn hybrid with 7 gears for $140. i can easily see the difference between this bike and an average priced bycyle. but this was what i could afford. it came assembled, with a very good manual. over the first few days i followed all the instructions and adjustments suggested in the manual. i can definitely see significant improvement. my only problem remaining is that when i need to downshift to get up an incline, the chain pops off the rear sprocket when i get down to to 2nd or 1st gear. followed all the adjustments for the derailleur, but i still have the problem. any suggestios?
Category: General
Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.
Hi I'm Wayne I will help you with this some bikes require back pedal when shiftingso there is less strain on the chainTry that Hi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

ok

i'll try that tomorrow. and let you know.

one other question. how do I know if the chain is adjusted properly.

if it's too loose. what's the best way for one person to adjust it, while keeping the wheel centered.

thx

Expert:  Wayne replied 11 months ago.
HiYou need to follow adj procedureno exact chain free playHi. If this helped you Please rate my answer 3 or more stars.If you need more info, use the request button -Not Poor/Bad service.Wayne