Math-Stat
Math-Stat,
79514296
Type Your Question Here...

Okay this question is about the statistics. It's about a

Customer Question

Okay this question is about the statistics. It's about a coincidence. Let's say there is a person living in Brazil that is a member of my family and I live in the United States. Brazil has a population of 204 .4 million people. The United States has a population of 318.9 million people. So my question is what is the probability that it is a mere coincidence that a member of my family who resides in Brazil would hire the same lawyer who in turn hired an investigator that has being in my whereabouts here in the United States. That is , the investigator who lives in the United States that works for my brother's lawyer was at my whereabouts.
Category: General
Expert:  Math-Stat replied 10 months ago.
To be able for us to compute for this probability, there are certain information that should be provided, to make it possible to compute for the said probability. For example, we need to know the exact number of lawyers to choose from? and if there are other factors or conditions like the number of lawyers (among the total number of lawyers to choose from) who knows your whereabouts, etc. To make the computations more accurate, there should be more and more information to be provided.Hope this helps *************************************************************************************************************************************If you are satisfied and happy with the answer, please choose a high rating. (so that I get paid) If you need more information, clarifications, or are not satisfied yet, choose 'Continue the conversation'. Bonuses are very much appreciated. Thanks! Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT. So kindly do not forget to rate and accept the answer, thanks! ***************
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay. Sure. In the state of Florida, where i live, there are 68,000 registered attorneys. I never knew any of them.
.Another information needed:How many investigator to choose from? Out of these total number of investigates, how many of them is in your whereabouts in the US?