Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

My name is ***** ***** my stepfather bought this safe n has

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** my stepfather bought this safe n has lost the combination to the lock how do we get it open
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: He past away n all insurance policies n all are in there we are trying to get open but no luck without his combination
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 months ago.
Hello, and thank you for requesting me. My condolences on the passing of your stepfather. What type of safe is this? Is it made by Sentry? If so, please let me know if you have the model number and serial number. If it is made by a different manufacturer, please tell me which one. Thanks,Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 6 months ago.
Hello again, I was hoping to get some additional information from you, before sending an answer, but I will answer you now, and you can always ask further questions, if you like. Most of the requests we get are for lost combinations for Sentry safes. There is only one way to retrieve the original factory-set combination is from the manufacturer. It's very easy; just visit the webpage below, fill in all requested information, click on Notary Form to download it, print and fill it out, then get it notarized (your bank or many other places can do this for no cost) and send your request to Sentry. As you can see, you can get your combination within 2 business days with expedited shipping, for a small extra fee. You would have to do this on Monday, as they're closed on the weekends, but once your request is processed, you could have the combination in as little as 48 hours! If your safe is manufactured by another company, please let me know and I will be glad to continue to help. Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be glad to continue.Warmest regards,Cher