Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

We have a copper granulator that takes insulated

Customer Question

We have a copper granulator that takes insulated copper-granulates it-and pulverizes the conduit off leaving us little pieces of unprotected copper. We're afraid that by letting it sit, before we sell it on the market, it will oxidize. They will be sitting around for 2 or 3 months. Can you tell us if they will in fact oxidize?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I think that about covers it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: General
Expert:  Martin replied 6 months ago.

Hi. It should not oxidize significantly in that time. Especially if you control the humidity in the storage facility and you use plastic container (two different metal touching each other increase the oxidizing process). Keeping it in a cold (but dry) environment also will slow the process.