Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Have a safe that has a key lock and combo never used combo

Customer Question

have a safe that has a key lock and combo never used combo only key now it will not open
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Frank and welcome.

Who is the manufacturer of your safe and what is the model number?

Does the key have 'teeth' or is it round and hollow?

Is it an electronic safe or manual/dial one?

Do you not know the combo, because you never used it?

Thanks for all your additional information and after you reply, please allow me some time to compose and send your detailed answer.

Best regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello again, Frank.

Do you still need help with your safe? I haven't heard back from you.

Thanks,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Frank.

I'm just checking in with you to find out if you ever opened your safe. I never received a reply from you, with further details about the situation.

If your safe has a combination dial, your situation is not uncommon. Many safe owners leave the dial on the last number of the combination and then just use the key to open it. If the dial gets moved, even a little bit, it will no longer be on the last number of the combination and the key won't work unless the combo is dialed correctly.

If you have a round, hollow key, remove it after dialing your combination and then the safe will open. If you forgot your combination because you never used it and don't have your user's manual. you can retrieve it by following the instructions at the site below, IF your safe is made by Sentry:

https://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Lost_Your_Combination

If your safe is electronic, the same will hold true, if you don't have your combination, but only have the key. There's also a chance that your key has become defective, so to order a new key, go to this link:

https://www.google.com/#q=sentry+safe+lost+key

If you hadn't gotten your safe open before now, I hope this information helped. Also, if your safe is electronic, it may have only needed a change of batteries!

Please let me know if you found my answer helpful and/or if you need any additional information. Thank you!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be glad to continue.

Warmest regards,
Cher