Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
Type Your Question Here...

Is there an Expert to help with this? I need to find, buy

Customer Question

Is there an Expert to help with this? I need to find, buy and get a women's size 6 pair of Adidas Originals Superstar shoes in white with either the "metallic gold" or "copper" trim package which involves the three stripes, tongue emblem and back emblem. Also says "SUPERSTAR" on the side. Need to get by 31 March and money is no object.
Category: General
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I attached a sample picture of the desired shoe.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I even tried Adidas' own website
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Researching all morning and part of the afternoon to locate what seems to be a very popular style as sizes are running out fast. Below though is a link to a site online that has your size 6:

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That supplier, donerightt, claims he has never offered a size 6 womens. I checked last night and kept checking until now. His eBay account allows you to select a size starting at 6.5. So I'm unable to order.Would it be possible to provide you with, say, $150, to use to purchase the shoes if you should ever find them? This would alleviate any timing issues if the shoes are in such demand. Again, my requirement is to find a supplier, buy and receive the shoes before 31 March.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Sorry that the site does not offer your size as looking at what was offered that a size 6 was available. Unfortunately I cannot accept the $150 but what I will do is continue to search for the shoes as well as opt-out for others to try looking. A very hard style to locate as well as size but will continue to look.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your help on this.What does "opt-out for others" mean?Is it true that you will return my deposit if I am unable to get the shoes prior to 31 March as stated in my original request?
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Opt-out means I have left the question to other experts to try researching for your shoes. I will continue though to search to see if someone online has this pair for you to purchase. And yes your deposit can be refunded if no shoes are found.

Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Was just wondering as Foot Locker has a 6.5 as it might run just a bit bigger but a half size is not much at all. I would think the shoe is wearable if worn with a heavy sock for example. It seems every site for shoes is sold out of the size 6 so wondering if just a half size would work.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've called Footlocker and Champs outlets in many US cities so far and no one has them in stock. They say they get a shipment from Adidas randomly. Champs is a good source, I believe, since they look at many other stores like Lady Footlocker.At Adidas themselves, they say I must just wait and check back to see if that particular shoe is available. I could custom-make a shoe but the custom shoes do not have the "SUPERSTAR" text on them (probably since it's a custom-made shoe). They allow you to personalize the shoe with a text string but "SUPERSTAR" cannot be used. (!)About sizing, my daughter's shoe size in Sweden is 36 and she measured her foot to be 22,5 cm. One conversion chart says that this is a size 5 womens shoe... another chart says size 6. So I am going with size 6, since bigger is better than smaller. Also.. this Adidas shoe runs one whole size bigger, says many sources (manufacturers, resellers, blogs). So I am going with size 6.
Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

You have really worked hard in finding this show as I commend you on this! Difficult it seems as the one site shows that they had a size 6 but when you called they told you they did not. Makes one wonder if the websites are as accurate as they should be. One idea I thought of is to check with Adidas outlets centers in the US as many factory outlets have a Adidas store (I was just visiting an outlet in Las Vegas last week and looked at a Adidas store). The merchandise at a outlet will not be online but making a call to at least one where you can ask the customer service person to look in their system at other outlets where the shoe and the size 6 might be.

Will continue my search for you as well.

Expert:  Michael replied 7 months ago.

Continuing to look for the rare shoe!

Sites to inquire further include: