ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Certified firearms instructor
30945867
Type Your Question Here...

We inherited a safe from the after school program here at

Customer Question

Good morning. We inherited a safe from the after school program here at St. Cornelius Catholic School. The director was not sure of combination so he told the staff to leave the dial on 35 and when we insert the key to open up, we need to turn it to 24. Last night the custodian must have changed the dial. This morning we could not ope it at all. It is a S0409 model with the serial number AC-490476. We need to get the money that is inside so we do not mind breaking it if we have to but rather save it and be able to open. Can you help us, please?
Blessings,
Sherri Moradi
Principal
Category: General
Expert:  ProShooter replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon, Principal Moradi
Sentry does have a process whereby you can obtain the original combination for the safe. It requires a small fee and some paperwork being notarized. Would you like me to explain the process for you?

Jim

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
please do.

Great! Give me a few minutes to type this all up for you....

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you.

Once you read the answer below, the Just Answer website will prompt you to complete a positive rating for my help today. That positive rating is how the website credits me for helping you. If you have an additional question, you may reply back to me.

Answer:

Sentry has a process where you can obtain the combination to your safe for a small fee.. You will have to complete a notarized form and submit it to them in order to prove ownership. They can then send the combination to you.

The instructions for this may be found here - https://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Lost_Your_Combination

If you cannot click on that link, just copy/paste it into your browser. Once your notary form has been received by Sentry, it may take up to 3-5 business days for processing before your combination is mailed, emailed or faxed to you. There is a $20 non-refundable charge for all combination requests. Expedited requests are available for an additional $10 fee ($30 total) and take up to 1-2 business days to process.
You will need your model number and serial number for the form.

I hope that this is helpful! Please let me know if you need further help, and if not, please remember to complete a positive rating. Thanks!

Thanks!
Jim

Did you need anything further on this?

Ms. Moradi, did you get what you needed?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Good evening. I did send them the notarized letter but have not heard from them yet.

Ok, great. It may take 3-5 days so I am sure that that they are working on it.

You are in good hands with Sentry. At this point, if you don't have any other questions for me, I just need you to complete a positive rating on your Just Answer screen now in order to close out the question.

Thanks!
Jim

I see that this question is still open...Is there anything else that you need from me?

Do you need anything further on this issue?