abray1115
abray1115,
13781349
Type Your Question Here...

Before I ask you a question I want to know what you mean

Customer Question

before I ask you a question I want to know what you mean when you write (#39) in your answers?
Category: General
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I do not write 39 in my answers.

We answer questions only.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I take it you do not know what 39 means in a sentence. O.k no reply needed. Sorry for the question

Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

#39 just means thank you.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Expert:  abray1115 replied 1 year ago.

Hello again!

Well H1N1 is an influenza strain...

These are usually more respiratory type illnesses and not as common to cause GI illness ( that strain can have GI symptoms too...) Possible that the influenza virus may be different vs her GI illness ( Has she had cough? Runny nose ? Fever ? Aches of muscles ??)

You may be tested for influenza ...yes to that ..

The course of influenza may be shortened by certain anti-viral medicines such as Tamiflu for example

If you had a flu shot this season that would help reduce your risk of catching that ...

I would be on watch for fever / runny nose / cough / sore throat / aches / eye irritation >>> if these then test for influenza and early anti-viral treatment should help

I'm skeptical of her having diarrhea illness being due to influenza though ...not the usual suspect for that symptom....

I hope that this is helpful for you

Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Expert:  abray1115 replied 1 year ago.

Please disregard above...answer for a different question altogether ...it became switched to this thread unintentionally ....