Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550
Type Your Question Here...

Trying to figure out my dead fathers ssn I'm feeling out

Customer Question

Trying to figure out my dead fathers ssn I'm feeling out paper work for college but can't figure out the middle two number :(
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: How would I do that
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: General
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Unfortunately this is not as easy as it used to be....

Is there anything in your, or your family, possession it might be on (old tax forms, old passport, etc) - if not, you will need to send away to the Social Security administration (has a $29 fee when you do not know the SSN) - provide as much information as possible - they get back to you rather quickly.

Unfortunately there is not a public database of ssn numbers (due to so many privacy and identity theft issues in our day and age). These used to be available through a search on the SSA site but that ended a few years ago.

CLICK HERE For the PDF form to fill out to get the information.

Sorry there is not an "immediate" answer to your question. Please be sure to rate my response positively as that is the only way I receive any credit for my help today.

Have a wonderful rest of the week and all the best as you being your college journey.

I was just wanting to reach out to see if you needed any additional followup on this question. Feel free to reach out if needed.

When satisfied, be sure to rate my response so that I receive credit for my help on this question.

Have a wonderful week.