Ellen, Consultant
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
9968427
Type Your Question Here...

I have a total of 4 ER-5200M cash registers. All are

Customer Question

I have a total of 4 ER-5200M cash registers. All are programmed the same way.
When the Z report is taken in one register unlike the other 3, there is also a line that reads OPEN CHK TTL. It causes problems with cashiers in manual reconciliation report as they often write it out of sequence.
Question:
How do I delete the OPEN CHK TTL from appearing on Z report. It is always 0 anyway.
Thank you
Category: General
Expert:  BestOne1943 replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure how it got to this point unless there was an open check at one time on this register but not on the others. It is an alert to the staff closing out that there is a check open as you probably know...On the other hand it should not report being at "0".

On page 73 of the manual, "Report Tables" near the bottom it show "11" Subtotal as a reset procedure, try that and let me know if it helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Not all the registers were bought or programmed at same time but were added as needed.

I think that it was programmed that way from beginning with an OPEN CHK TTL ,even though we do not accept checks in our business. The shown balance on it is zero and has always been.

I tried your suggestion of resetting but there is no change.

Check the "memory allocation", BUT do not change it until ou are sure you want to start it over as M.A. changes reset everything. It may be allowed some " number of check where other registers are not, just be diligent when checking.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I think that It's a programmed function in the Z reading. How do I program it not to be there?

First, did you find a difference in the "Memory Allocation", from a register that does not do this. Don't change it unless you plan to reprogram. This is the only place it can be optioned out, by not allowing allocation for checks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

None of that. As I mentioned before it's simply a programming function that I was finally able to solve on my own.