Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028
Type Your Question Here...

I am looking that can translate a Drouin Collection record.

Customer Question

I am looking for someone that can translate a Drouin Collection record for me.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The Drouin record is written in French.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Genealogy Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: General
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I want to attach a copy of the Drouin record and have someone give me an english translation of the french record.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for coming to JustAnswer.

Sorry for the delay and thank you for your patience. My name is Michael. I will be helping you with your question today.

Please let me know if there as any additional information that you think might be pertinent to your question. If I don't hear back from you, I'll provide the best answer I can based on the information you've given so far. You will still be able to reply with additional information or questions at any point during our conversation, and I'll revise the my answer accordingly.

You can attach the copy using the paperclip icon on the toolbar then browse to the file and click upload.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I would like to get an english translation of this Drouin record.

I'm not even able to make out the writing. I am going to open this up to other experts to help.

Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 9 months ago.

Thanks so much for requesting me, but - like Michael - I can't even read this writing in order to be able to translate it. Sadly, the writer was deficient in penmanship, and the scribbling can't be read most anywhere on the page.

I'm so sorry.

Schuyler

~

Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Hi. I may be able to translate it better that the other being a native french speaker. That said it is indeed very hard to read. Perhaps if you give me what you already know about it it would help me figure out some name better. From what i see there is two record in there, the first 29 may 1774 and the second starting at line 5 being 31 may or perhaps 30 june or august (the month is hard to read but is not a long word, like not december or september or november and surely not before may as it is after and still in 1774). I assume because of the name of the file that you are interested in the second part related to Louis Brazeau and the first part related to Marie Cyrille is not interesting to you?

Expert:  Martin replied 9 months ago.

Do you still need help with that? I can still translate it even without the additional info you asked, it might just be less precise.