Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

At what age is it best to register my 22 month old son at

Customer Question

At what age is it best to register my 22 month old son at the local school. I am being told mixed things, so I am hoping I will get a good advice on how and when to maximise my chances of getting school of choice.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Suki and welcome back to Just Answer.

Are you asking about pre-school or the local public school, when he is ready to enter Kindergarten (I don't know if you call it something else in the UK)?

Can you please include the names of one or two schools of your choice and their locations? Thanks!

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.

Hi again, Suki.

I was hoping to receive some additional information from you, but I will answer your question now, and if you have any additional questions, simply 'Reply.'

If you would like your son to attend nursery school when he is 2 or 3 years old, it would be best to put him on a list for the particular schools your are interested in, as soon as possible, and make sure to indicate the age and year, for which you are requesting admission.

For Primary School, which admits children at 4 or 5 years old, you can do the same thing: put him on the list of the schools of your choice as soon as possible, to increase your chances of getting into your desired school. Here is much more detailed information and click on all the links that pertain to your situation:

https://www.gov.uk/schools-admissions/applying

If this has been helpful, please let me know and Rate with positive feedback, so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

If you have any additional questions or need further information, please Reply back and I will be glad to continue our conversation.

Kind regards,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.

Hi again,

I'm just checking in with you to make sure your received my answer.

Please let me know if you received it and if you need any additional information. If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate positively with 3-5 stars or any happy face. If you need more advice, please click 'Reply' at any time. Even after rating, there is no additional fee for follow-up questions. Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Cher

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Pardon delay, I started a new job and been really busy. I will read reply carefully and come back with queries.
Expert:  Cher replied 10 months ago.

No problem, John! Congratulations on your new job! : )

I will look forward to your positive rating and your reply with further queries, when you have the time.

Warmest regards,

Cher