Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747
Type Your Question Here...

I have an 18" X 24" Sentry Safe with a handle, key and

Customer Question

I have an 18" X 24" Sentry Safe with a handle, key and keypad. I am trying to open it and nothing works. the Light does not show and my combo does not work. I suspect a dead battery but I did see any notice of it dying. Help!
Ron ******
***-***-****
Category: General
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try using the key, alone, to open it. In many Sentry Safe models, that is what the key is for - emergency access.

Once the safe is open, you can access the battery compartment, replace them (cleaning the battery compartment terminals under my instructions, if their metal is not bright and shiny and has corrosive battery paste leakage onto them...) and re-set the new combination code.