P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  45 years old, retired Marine Officer, current attorney
11181181
Type Your Question Here...

Is it possible to have a common law marriage in Michigan or

Customer Question

Is it possible to have a common law marriage in Michigan or Texas? info: lived together for 17 years, referred to selves as husband and wife, shared incomes for some seven years, supported by husband for 10 years.
Category: General
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 10 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Texas law recognizes common law marriage. Michigan does not.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.