chester298
chester298,
69243481
Type Your Question Here...

I'm ***** *****. I'm having a problem with my Gaggia

Customer Question

Customer: I'm ***** *****. I'm having a problem with my Gaggia Titanium Super Auto Machine. It will not dispense coffee, but water flows when it goes through the rinsing cycle.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I push the button for one cup of coffee (the 2nd button from the left), it sounds as if it's going to brew a cup of coffee but then no coffee is dispensed. However, the display indicates that the machine thinks it has dispensed a cup of coffee.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure. Any idea how long it might be?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: ok. Thanks!
Category: General
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to Just answer.

May I know how old your machine?

Did you try to clean your brew unit? Did you able to dispense hot water only without any problem or slow dripping?

Did you descale your machine regularly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello! The machine is about 5 years old. I can dispense hot water from the frothing wand without any problem. I have recently acquired this machine. I have never descaled it and do not know when it was descaled last. What is the brew unit? Where is it?

Thanks!

Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Brew unit or brew group CLICK HERE.

Look at your manual and read on how to clean your brew group. You should try to descale your machine. There is also instruction on manual on how to descale your machine.

If you do not have manual CLICK HERE to view or download it

Go to page 5 to see the figure F-A 22 and 23. The instruction on page 15 on how to clean brew group or coffee dispenser. Descaling is also there.

Hope this information will be helpful.

IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED!! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,EXCELLENT OR GOOD rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

We have cleaned the brew group and it's still not working. I will descale it and let you know whether that solves the problem. Thanks!

Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your response.

I am standing by here and wait for your response.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi! I have not descaled the machine yet. I'm having a hard time finding a descaler. Think I may have to order one. I'll be in touch after I've descaled it. Thanks!

Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Ok just message me if you still have problem. If the problem resolved please leave a positive rating and feedback to remove your question from list.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Chester,

I have descaled my machine and cleaned the brew unit. It is still not dispensing coffee. Again, it goes through all of the motions and acts as if it is going to dispense coffee but it doesn't. The machine just stops and the display indicates that it thinks it has dispensed a cup of coffee and is ready for the user to select what they want to do next. What next? Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Chester,

Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your response and sorry for may delayed reply.

If that is the case then your flow meter is bad and need to replaced. If you don't have enough experience in replacing parts (internal) I suggest you to send your machine to repair shop. Order flow meter on your nearest Seaco/Gaggia store. Or google Gaggia Titanium flow meter

Hope this information will be helpful.

Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Please let me know,

Chester