chester298
chester298,
69243481
Type Your Question Here...

Juki 8700. Was working fine until needle broke. Now won't

Customer Question

Juki 8700. Was working fine until needle broke. Now won't sew. Timing appears to be correct. Thread creating a nest in area of bobbin case. Thread does not appear to be being directed properly
Category: General
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to Just answer.

Initially, if the needle broke it possible affect the timing of your machine, . Please refer to my below solution to check/repair your machine.

Remove the bobbin case and bobbin., turn the machine so you can see the needle as it enters
the area where you removed the bobbin case. (for clarity, this area is commonly called
the hook and race area) as you turn the handwheel, you will see a curved or semi-circular
piece turning towards the needle. This part, called the hook will have a point on it
which should pass behind the needle approx. 1.5 to 3.0 mm above the eye of the needle.
If this is not the case then either the needle-bar or the hook are out of timing.
This applies to all sewing machines of any make or model. This can be a simple repair
if the needle-bar is too high or too low, but more difficult if the hook is incorrectly timed.

If the needle bar is out of time you can fix it yourself otherwise, hook timing is definitely a high level repair that needs a professional approach.

For needle bar height, remove the cover (face plate) then you will see the needle bar. There is a screw there that need to loosen in able to adjust higher or lower the the needle bar height.

Please note: Mark the original position of needle bar. If still persist, you have to send your machine to repair shop or dealer for fix the hook timing.

Hope this information will be helpful.

IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED!! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,EXCELLENT OR GOOD rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I had done this which is why I mentioned that timing appeared to be correct. Judi manual gives very specific location of hook relative to needle which also seems to coordinate how the top thread is managed below the plate/feed dog in order to avoid tangling below--or so it seemed to me after making adjustments for 7 hours and finally finding info in the lousy owner's manual amongst the Japanese and bad english. With pulling everything and going through the entire adjustment process mm by mm, I got it working again last night. Bot***** *****ne, my Juki seems to be very picky.

Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

If you think my effort and time assisting you deserve a positive feedback. I greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and happy sewing,

Chester

Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Thanks and happy sewing,

Chester