Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I have a sentry floor safe. On the door is a tag with

Customer Question

I have a sentry floor safe. On the door is a white tag with numbersMSW3517 BD532439* I have just moved from Colorado to Wisconsin and have forgotten the combination. If I remember correctly. There is a way to open the safe and reset the combination.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 11 months ago.

Hi, Les and Happy New Year!

My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help with your safes question.

Many safe owners lose or forget their combinations after a move. Combinations are not available online, or this would compromise the safety and security of your safe.

I'm so glad you have the white tag with your model number (MSW3517) and serial number (the longer one), because you will need these, in order to retrieve your original combination from Sentry. Just go to the site below, follow all directions, and your combination will be sent to you once you verify ownership with the Notary Form they will supply for you to download. As you can see, you can get your combination within as few as 1-2 days, for an additional fee; however, they're closed on the weekends, so your order would be processed on Monday. If it's not urgent, you could have your combination as early as Wednesday of next week.

https://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Lost_Your_Combination

If your situation IS an urgent one, and you must get your safe open immediately, your only alternative would be to call a local locksmith or safe technician who can open the safe without rendering it unusable.

There is no way to reset the combination, unless you have the original, factory-set combination.

I hope this helped and wish you much good luck with your safe!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive recognition for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue. There is no additional charge for follow-ups.

Warmest wishes,

Cher