Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
23511658
Type Your Question Here...

When I moved my chairs I had to take the fluid out. Now I

Customer Question

When I moved my chairs I had to take the fluid out. Now I need to know how much to put back in the manual does not say what kind of flued to put in. It is a 1955 Emil paider.
Category: General
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question.

Based on the Paider patent and the diagrams included in it, it appears that the reservoir is 10a on the diagram - middle right. Leading into that:

Below the piston 10, there is a hollow plug 15 threaded in the pump chamber which is closed at its bottom by a suitable cap 16 in threaded relation with the walls of the pump chamber. It will be noted that the plug 15 has a central passage 15a that terminates in an upper valve seat 17 and a restricted inlet port 18 at its upper end. Upon the bottom of the plug 15 there is a perforated plate 19 and upon the bottom of the piston there is a perforated plate 20 which extends over a recess 21 in the bottom of the piston that terminates in a valve seat.

So, I believe that is the fill port. It is difficult to know for sure from the patents, especially since this is from at least a decade before your chair. But it's not documented anywhere, so this is a start.