Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729
Type Your Question Here...

Lost combination to safe I inherited
, I'm wondering

Customer Question

Customer: lost combination to safe I inherited
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm wondering where on the safe door to drill so I can view wheels to line them up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to General Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: General
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
This is a Star safe model 396957 & I need to drill door but need to know where exactly to do this??
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

Hi there,

The Star Safe company was bought out by American Security some time ago, and the easiest way to recover the combination without damaging the safe is to contact AmSec to request the combination. You may need to provide a notarized proof of ownership.

http://www.amsecusa.com/support/

Here is their phone number: 1-***-***-****