Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028
Type Your Question Here...

Bench Jeweler I'm looking good block to be able to use very

Customer Question

Bench Jeweler
I'm looking for a good block to be able to use very hot torch (acetylene & Oxygen) on sterling silver with stones. I want the best block so my stones aren't injured.
I have 2 at my disposal and could buy another if it's really best.
At my disposal I have LA-Co Block-It - Heat-Absorbing Paste and also Kool Jool by Gobet-Vigor. Which of these would you suggest and why? and do you know something that is markedly better than either of these?
Category: General
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

I see this might be time sensitive.

Do you still need this answered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 12 months ago.

After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.

I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Thanks for letting me know someone is still working on it.

Nothing against you....I'm glad you tried....but Just Answer seems to have difficulty with my jewelry related questions. I wonder if they realize there might be a crack in that dam?

Expert:  Martin replied 11 months ago.

Hi. I noticed nobody answered you. I think this is because nobody here is very familiar with jewelry. I can still help you (i know about acetylene oxygene for having working in places that use them to cut parts from large steel sheet metal) and i am good with physical propriety and materials. That said i would have to learn more about your typical workflow and the problems you detect in it.