Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I received a phone call from Shari Delaney claiming to be a

Customer Question

I received a phone call from Shari Delaney claiming to be a U.S. Postal Inspector regarding a Peter Omagbemi, she was going to send me an email so I could write a letter stating what he had done to me, Court Docket Number 09 - CR - 1258, USPIS Case Number(###) ###-####- MF, court date January 14, 2016. I have not heard anything from her and was wondering if this is a true fact or another SCAM?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

If something did, indeed, happen to you, regarding a Peter Omagbemi and all the other information (Court Docket Number, etc.) were correct, it sounds legitimate. However, if nothing was ever done to you by this person and there is no case pending, it certainly does sound like a scam. If she asked for your email address, so she could send you an email, and you gave it to her, if nothing ever comes via email, and nothing ever happened to you, forget about it. I hope she didn't ask/you didn't give her any other personal information if you weren't sure if she was legitimate.

If you want to inquire about this person and the situation more in depth, you can contact the USPS and ask if she is, indeed, a U.S. Postal Inspector. 1(###) ###-####/a>

Happy Holidays!

Best wishes,

Cher