Stutam2
Stutam2,
51998681
Type Your Question Here...

I have a corn on my big toe that gets quite sore when I put

Customer Question

I have a corn on my big toe that gets quite sore when I put on shoes. Donut corn pads help, but it's getting worse. Been wearing sandals for a year to try and let it diminish, but it won't. Tried corn removers buy it's not dead skin, it's a pink bump. I'm thinking I'll just see a podiatrist and have it cut/frozen off. Can send pics. What should this cost? Any suggestions?
Category: General
Expert:  druzair replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for query,

I would suggest you must visit podiatrist it can be shaved off or can freeze. Cost depends on the hospital and doctor you select.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do leave a positive rating.

Best.

Expert:  Stutam2 replied 1 year ago.

If it is a corn it has to be enucleated, ie 'dug out' with a scalpel blade to remove the hard central core. This must be done by a Podiatrist. 'Shaving off' the hard skin may alleviate it temporarily but will not remove the main problem which is under the surface of the skin. We don't freeze corns; this is a treatment used to get rid of verrucas, which are completely different from corns.

Don't attempt to remove the corn yourself with a corn plaster as this tends to damage the surrounding skin, making it very sore, and often does nothing to remove the corn itself.

However, as you're describing the problem as a 'pink bump', this may not be a corn at all but a cyst or a ganglion or a benign growth. A Podiatrist would need to have a look at it to properly diagnose the problem and suggest the appropriate treatment. I don't know what this would cost in the US but I shouldn't think it would be more than about $30 - 40.

I'd be happy to have a look if you'd like to send some photos.

All the best.