Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

I can not purchase a dot card it declines my credit card

Customer Question

I can not purchase a green dot card it declines my credit card saying I have went over the daily amount allowed. it has been over a week .
Category: General
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jeff,

Sorry that you are having difficulty with loading additional funds to your Green Dot card. I went ahead to research what might be causing this.

1. The daily per Card reload limit is $2,500 but contacting Green Dot directly allows in some cases loads through direct deposit in excess of these limits. Contacting Green Dot and their customer service department may give you this option to use.

2. You might wish to reload with cash as per Green Dot: You can reload any amount from $20 to $500 (up to $1,000 at participating Walmart locations). The maximum balance you can have on your card when you reload with cash is $2,500.

3. Contacting Green Dot directly and speak to a customer service agent to see if there seems to be a problem with your card as possibly you might need to set up with another card and cancel the one you have been using. Contact info to reach Green Dot:

For cardholder customer service call:

1-***-***-****

https://www.greendot.com/greendot/account/contact-us