A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

I can't find the brass horse that has a rider with cropped

Customer Question

I can't find the brass horse that has a rider with cropped outfit and the horse is in a roaring position.....it is on the page of how to collect brass but nothing about it anywhere.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

I found this one on ebay. It appears to be the same, but you would need to mount it on the wooden stand.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solid-Brass-Jockey-on-a-horse-Statue-Figurine-/321935528189

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You gave me something I already had..........yes it is on ebay but there is no history on this Item. I am very unhappy getting something I already had.

I'm so sorry you are unhappy. Naturally I couldn't know what information you already had, since you didn't tell me. From your question it seemed you were looking for a place to buy a similar item. You weren't online when I signed in so I wasn't able to clarify what it was you wanted.

The statuette was a decorative item sold in gift shops in the late 1940s through the 1970s. It has no special history attached to it. My grandfather (a great horse racing fan) used a pair of them as bookends in his study when I was a child. In excellent condition, the value is anywhere from $25 to as much as $100.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~