Ellen, Consultant
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
9968427
Type Your Question Here...

I have a NCR class 1000 cash register, I just want to know

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, I have a NCR class 1000 cash register, I just want to know how to remove the black cabinet so I can clean up the moving parts
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the 3 cents button is stuck, but the button is up and it will let me push other amounts but it will always end in three cents. the drawer opens, but it doesn't fly out and continue the action, I can manually pull on the arms with the drawer out and make it ring the bell and print. but it won't do it on it's own
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'm in no rush, I've had this register all my life, would like to make it work
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: General
Expert:  BestOne1943 replied 1 year ago.
is my phone #, if you want to call me in two hours maybe I can help you. There is a lock, #2 on most of these on the back door. It can be picked, but #2 keys are short supply. (Flat type).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have all the keys, and not sure what you mean by back door, there is a side door that covers the paper roll, and one on the flap for the reset and of course on on the drawer itself