Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
23511658
Type Your Question Here...

Screen print question. When you print plastisol screen print

Customer Question

Screen print question. When you print plastisol screen print on a white t shirt, do you use pantone formula guide uncoated or coated? Also when you print water base screen print, uncoated or coated? For promotional company logo printed t shirt, do you
recommend plastisol or water base print?
Category: General
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Use the Pantone Color Guide For Screen Printers it gives the formulas for ink and works great as a starting point. ALWAYS start with the lightest color of ink and ad the darker colors slowly! It's much easier to get ink darker than it is to lighten it up. And I would use the Pantone coated color set since it is closer to the glossy nature of plastisol inks. And plastisol, definitely.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what about water base screen printing, should I use uncoated or coated pantone color guide?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.