Ellen, Consultant
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
9968427
Type Your Question Here...

I have a janome memory craft 500e embroidery machine.the

Customer Question

i have a janome memory craft 500e embroidery machine.the thread keeps breaking despite repeated rethreading top and bobbin thread, and decreasing tension. I just purchased this machine a week ago. how can i fix this frustrating issue?
Category: General
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to Just answer.

Before I answer your question. May I know if your machine is under warranty?

For the meantime I want you to check your machine timing. Remove the bobbin case and bobbin., turn the machine so you can see the needle as it enters
the area where you removed the bobbin case. (for clarity, this area is commonly called
the hook and race area) as you turn the handwheel, you will see a curved or semi-circular
piece turning towards the needle. This part, called the hook will have a point on it
which should pass behind the needle approx. 1.5 to 3.0 mm above the eye of the needle.

Please let me know,

Chester

Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Chester