A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

Visitor policy of GE Management Development Institute

Customer Question

Visitor policy of GE Management Development Institute Crotonville. I am looking to visit GE Management Development Institute Crotonville for a chat with their front desk staff, but there is no info online about whether that campus is open to visitors at
all. I live too far away from it to visit in person, and am trying my luck here. Five star and Bonus if you happen to know, or have time to find, info about GE Crotonville campus well.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

Before I begin looking here, I need more information. For instance, can you be more specific about "a chat with the front desk staff?" Presumably a receptionist would not have extensive information about the company or the GE corporate university. Exactly what is it that you mean?

What would you hope to accomplish/learn in a visit?

Thanks,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Basically what department in this campus is in which building and how to leave a note to a person of interest for interview, kind of like a press journalist cold calling them, except that I have no number to cold call to start from, and that i believe a visit gets better results than a call.

The GE Management Development Institute at Crotonville is a closed campus. You can try calling them at(###) ###-#### The receptionist should be able to contact anyone who is on campus at any given time. It is rare for anyone other than GE employees to be invited onto the campus. About 9,000 employees rotate through the campus each year, so it may be that the person you are looking for isn't there at any given time. You could also try sending the person a note. However, just walking in would likely have you escorted back to your car by security.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
    thank you. the number is ***** automated line and i m looking at either 1) some web link of Crotonville's policy regarding visitors, or 2) a crotonville/GE number that has a front desk option?

I will opt out since there is no web link to Crotonville's visitor policy.