Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

Ideas Open House type party business. I want to serve

Customer Question

Ideas for an Open House type party for new business. I want to serve popcorn, doughnuts, and sandwiches, with hot chocolate, also having raffles, any other "catchy" suggestions I could advertise? PS definitely want to promote the sale of Gift Certificates for Christmas!!
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Patty, and welcome back to Just Answer!

I'd love to help! Can you tell me what type of new business you are opening and where the Open House will take place?

What time of day will it be held and when will you be doing this? Before Thanksgiving, between Thanksgiving and Christmas?

Thanks for all your additional information and after you reply, please allow me some time to read over your information, then compose and send your answer.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Patty,

Opening a new business is always exciting as well as much planning needs to be done to get the customers in the door. Your idea of serving various food items as well as raffles is a great plan as new clients will see how open and welcoming your business is and want to come back again and again.

1. Holiday season is here so to promote gift certificates for Christmas, try having food items such as turkey, pies and deserts as well as any additional theme for the holidays. This will give you a great start for the holiday season.

2. Offer free services to the first 10 or so attendees or hold a free drawing for a product or service your store will offer.

3. Offer SWAG with your stores name on it along with a website etc. Can be anything from magnets to calendars as whatever you think customers will find appealing to remember your store.

4. Colorful flyers sent out in the neighborhood as well as contacting the local Chamber of Commerce to let them know you are now in the area and wish to work with those in the community. Local newspaper ads as well as advertising in the mail which could be a small flyer or postcard giving the person receiving it something free or half off a particular item and/or service.