Ellen, Consultant
Experience:  attorney and legal researcher
9968427
Type Your Question Here...

Need to reassign function keys without S key. Want to print

Customer Question

Need to reassign function keys without S key. Want to print detailed x and z reports and assign $5 $10 $20 values to others
Category: General
Expert:  BestOne1943 replied 1 year ago.

I need to know what model/make, however the c key will most likely be nec.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Er-5200M Sam4s register. The function key labeled F/S SUB with function key code 164 is one of the ones I would like to change. I would like this key to print an end of month/period report which lists all plu's sold and is not reset by a standard daily z report. I need the next key, the F/S TEND button to be a one touch end of day report that prints plu totals for the day for x and z reports. The last three keys are the F/S SHIFT key, CHECK #,SERVICE keys which I would like to assign $5,$10,$20 values. Thanks for your help

OK, I am assuming you have a manual and a "C" key to turn to the 6 o'clock position, right?

If you do lets start with making the F/S SUB a "Macro 1" (168). The preceding page has the instructions for changing a key assignment.

Go to the "report table" in my manual it is on page 73. You see it is a "203", Subtotal, with the control key in the "Z" position which causes a reset of the PLUs since the last time you reset it. You determine this is a month by resetting it monthly, thus the "period". Follow the "Macro" programing which includes turning the control key to "Z" as an entry, let me know when you have this programmed. By pressing the "Macro 1" key, you will get a sequence that will reset the period of PLUs. To avoid pressing this key prematurely, I would require the "Z" key to be turned first , then have the macro do the 203, Subtotal. do you follow?

The same procedure will be used to make a $5.00 tender key, "Macro 2". Hope this helps, let me know.

You have one of he best C/Rs made today, it is worth the trouble.

Now to program the "Macro 1" key you use the procedure "program a macro" on page 153.

The last sentence is a little out of order but I think you can follow,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I do not have a C key. In the manual they refer to the he dealer only key S which moves to the 6 o'clock position. I do not have one. Any options?

I guess I can mail you a key, are you in the US? Not sure it is allowed but we can try. Send me your address, I will mail one tomorrow. A tech., could disassemble the control lock but I hesitate to suggest that. Lets try the address first, if it fails my phone #is(###) ###-####

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sounds great. Thanks.

Luke Boston

8734 East 21st

Indpls, IN. 46219

Done

Hi Luke, did you get your register programmed? Are there other issues? Just wondered what happened. The moderator closed the question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I never received the key.