Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I have a #1330 sentry safeihave opened it be fore but now it

Customer Question

i have a #1330 sentry safeihave opened it be fore but now it will not open it is horizontal not verticl. what am i doing wrong?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome.

I would like to help you with your Safes question.

What do you mean by 'it is horizontal and not vertical'?

Is your safe electronic or does it have a dial?

Do you also have a key to open it, together with the combination?

Are you 100% sure of your combination?

Thanks for all your additional information and after you reply, please allow me a little time to compose and send your answer.

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I see that you have already viewed my request for additional information, and I was hoping to get more facts from you about your safe. However, I can send you an answer now, so you don't have to wait any longer and if you need any further information, just click 'Reply.'

If your safe has a dial, here are the instructions for a 3 number combination:

First, 'clear' the dial by turning it several times to the left or right, gently.

A. Start the dial at zero.

B. Turn the dial to the left. Make sure ZERO
passes the pointer at least THREE times. Then stop
at the first number of your combination.

C. Turn the dial to the right. Stop the SECOND
time you reach the second number of your
combination.

D. Turn the dial to the left. Stop the FIRST
time the pointer reaches the third number of your
combination.

----------------------------------------------

If you have a dial with a 4 number combination:

Clear the dial, as above.

Turn the dial to zero.

Turn the dial to the left (counterclockwise) four times to the first number of the combination (pass the first number of your combination three times, stopping on it the fourth time).

Turn the dial to the right (clockwise) three times to the second number of the combination (pass your second number twice, stopping on it the third time).

Turn the dial to the left (counterclockwise) two times to the third number of the combination (pass the third number of your combination one time, stopping on it the second time).

Turn the dial to the right to the last number (stop the first time on your last number).

-------------------------------------------------

If your safe is electronic, first try changing the batteries, for new ones--only use alkaline or lithium for electronics, never rechargeable batteries. If you have never done this, please let me know if you have a round or a rectangular keypad and I will give instructions.

If you are not 100% sure of your combination, you can contact the manufacturer, to request your combination here:

http://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Lost_Your_Combination

You will need to prove safe ownership by filling out a notary form, but all instructions are on the webpage.

I hope this helped, and if so, please let me know. If you require additional information, please just click 'Reply to Expert' before rating, and I will be glad to continue to help.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue.

Warmest regards,

Cher