Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

Do you know the story behind Fern Beckham's Compassionate

Customer Question

Do you know the story behind Fern Beckham's Compassionate Christ? Or where I can find it?
Category: General
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

The history of this print is actually not that old as it is a decades old work mostly found in the 1980's. The work is not based on anything such as other older paintings/engraving etc.. . Fern Beckham is a local artist based out of Oklahoma.

While out of print at this time, you can find copies sold online such as ebay/etsy for example:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/244404089/compassionate-christ-print-by-fern

http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Compassionate-Christ-Print-Fern-Beckham-Jesus-14-x-11-Religious-Framed-Picture/269999799?gpid=68416460701&gpkwd=&goog_pla=1&gclid=CPqipNPM4cgCFQUMaQodtv8CiA

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/301772041804?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have the print now and just wondered how she came to paint it. But I thank you for the information that she is an artist based in Oklahoma. Can I reach her? Any way possible.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

I am afraid that there does not seem to be any information on contacting the artist. This piece of work though can be found by a number of sellers as I have listed a few to inquire further if you are interested in purchasing this very interesting piece of artwork.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you supply me with the contact information? I am sort of the old school and be willing to write the artist if I had
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

I have conducted a number of databases to look for any reference to an address for this artist but I am afraid nothing is available. One suggestion I could make might be to contact some of the sellers of this piece of work to see if they might have any contact info they would be happy to share.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will do as you suggested.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

So sorry that there does not seem to be any contact information for this artist online. I would suggest contacting other sellers to see if they might have a contact number for the artist. Also something else to try might be to search various telephone directories for Oklahoma to see if this artist might be listed. A bit of work I know but the state is a bit smaller than others and checking the major towns and cities address books might offer a clue to where the artist might be located.

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much again. I am at peace with your advise and help. Sometime this week I will start my search for contact information. You rating is excellent!
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your kind words as I hope that with some emails sent to other sellers that you can find a contact name to the artist. I am sure there might be more to the story of the picture that what is already public.

Also thank you for the excellent rating as please take a moment to rate my answer so that I can receive credit for assisting you.

Have a wonderful evening.

Michael

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Have a nice evening.

Michael