Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028
Type Your Question Here...

I am not sure if you can help me or not, but I am desperate

Customer Question

I am not sure if you can help me or not, but I am desperate for some help.
My question is about renting a home. I have a lot of details about my circumstances and I'm not sure which ones to give, so I will try to keep it basic and minimal. My wife and I are in the San Francisco Bay area. We were both born here and have lived here all our lives. The home we are in we have rented for 10 years. The house has been sold by the owner and the new owner does not want to rent, so on the 14th of October we were served a 90 day notice to vacate. We have been searching since July for something that will accommodate our needs in or close to our home town in our price range. I know we have more than most typical couples looking for a home to rent, but I don't understand why there are so few to none where we are looking, when there seem to be plenty in the close surrounding areas. I'm not even sure what my question is. I guess it might be, "Is the area where we are looking a particularly difficult one to look for a home to rent?" and if so, "Why?"
Category: General
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Not a very clear question indeed :)

Some places are hard to find a rent for many reasons. Sometime it may be because it is a nice area where the owner like to live. If they have two home and one is on the top of a hill and the other at bottom, they will usually preffer to live on the hill with a nice view, making a lot less of renting home on the top of that hill than on the bottom. Some have enough money to not need to rent, so you will see a lot less house to rent in rich area. If you live in an area with a lot of worker and few constructions, all house may already be rented

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

One other thing. If you see house for sale, you could always contact the sellers to see if they are interested to rent it. Some are often on the market since long and having to pay the tax each year without any benefit from them can make some accept the idea.