Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

I have a sentry 1250 safe and forgot combination. It is

Customer Question

I have a sentry 1250 safe and forgot combination. It is important that I get in as soon as possible
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome!

I'm sorry you forgot your combination; I know how frustrating this can be.

Combinations are not available online for your protection and security. The only way to retrieve your combination is from the manufacturer, Sentry. You can do that by going to the website below, and following all directions, including filling out a notary form, proving safe ownership.

https://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Lost_Your_Combination

Sentry is not open on the weekend, so you can submit your information now, and then, it will be processed on Monday. If this is urgent, but you can wait a couple of days, you can request 'expedited shipping' as you will see at the webpage above; this will enable you to retrieve your combination within 1-2 business days from when they process it.

If this is an emergency, your only alternative is to hire a local locksmith/safe technician to help open your safe without destroying it.

I wish I had better news for you, and I can really empathize, but this is Sentry's procedure for recovering lost combinations.

I hope my information helped and you can recover your combination as quickly as possible!

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive recognition from the site for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be happy to continue.

Warmest regards,

Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was unable to give me any information I already didn't know alsosign in procedure kept sending me different places and then was quoted 2 different prices.
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry you experienced any site problems. That is out of my control.

You didn't mention knowing any information on how to retrieve your combination in your question, so I thought my information would be helpful. I'm sorry it wasn't, but it's the only answer. No one but Sentry knows your combination and can release it to you.

I will opt out of your question and it that will allow it to remain open for other experts.

I wish you much good luck with your safe!

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

This question has come to our sites attention numerous times as the answer offered by the previous expert is the best and the only way to safely get your Sentry 1250 safe open. Conducted some research this evening from those in the locksmith industry and a alternative to possibly open your safe is offered below. If you feel comfortable trying this method, then by all means go ahead. If not, then contacting Sentry or a qualified locksmith will do the trick.

Instructions to try:

Take the plastic cover off with a flat head screwdriver and you will see the combination mechanism inside.

Spin the combination wheel clockwise three times, then turn it until the notch on the wheel closest to the door meets with the latch.

Start by writing down the first number. Turn the wheel counter clockwise once around then do the same with the second wheel.

Finally turn the third wheel clockwise until the last notch matches up with the others.

Write down all three numbers and you have your combination.