A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

I have 19 years old daughter who goes to college, but I have

Customer Question

I have 19 years old daughter who goes to college, but I have not heard from her about y1 year. She knows my email address and phone number if she wants contact me.
After her 18, I stop chasing her, because nothing worked. As much as I tried. She hated me ( looked like ). I am thinking about her every, hope that she's doing well. Sometime, I heard about her through old her friend, but nothing good.
We are divorced. Her after does everything opposite of what I thing right as parents and my daughter went with him.
How could I find out about her? If she is still in college or other thing? I tried contact college. But they did not want release information. No chance father want to tell me.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

You note that she has your phone number and email address. Do you have hers? You can also try sending her a snail mail letter in care of the college that you think she is attending. If she is there, they will have to get it to her without your having to know her dormitory room number or other detailed address. This doesn't require the college releasing information to you, but postal mail must be delivered if possible. You can also ask your former husband. You really can't tell if he will fill you in if you don't ask.

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She doesn't contact me means she doesn't want to see me. I have her email address, but when I emailed her, she doesn't responded me. Because she doesn't want to me to know what she's doing such as smoking, drinking, other staff.
I want to know about her without let her know. In this point, I decided I could not do anything unless she asks help.
What is snail mail?
Is there any way to find out about her?
If she still attending college?

Snail mail is a letter you write and put a stamp on. You can send it through the post office by certified mail with signature required. That way you will know that the letter was received.

If you can't learn about her from your former husband, or if she is unwilling to answer your emails, you may want to consider hiring a private detective. However, since she is 19, choosing to drink and smoke would be decisions she could make without parental permission.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~