Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

Is it better that the school calls parents home phone while

Customer Question

Is it better that the school calls parents home phone while the student is home with his parents or while the student is still in school or on his way home? Not just when he is introuble the call can be for anything.
Category: General
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

I would believe that the school would want to speak with the parents over a particular issue they are having. I would think that the administrator calling would wish to speak with the parents away from the student to go over any issues they are having and to have the parents speak with their child to correct anything that is needed to be done. It is also possible that the administrator may wish to speak to the student after speaking with the parents to make sure everybody is on the same page. But speaking to the parents first is key.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's perfectly ok is the school calls the parents on their home phone while the student it not inside the house with them?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Absolutely as the parents are the ones who are responsible for their child. Having good parents will then sit down with their child and go over things that were discussed while the student was away.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm 23 years old I graduated high school in 2010. But I still get flash backs even if it wasn't a introuble call it still bothered me when the school called home when I wasn't there.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

The school will have rules that they have established so administrators know when they need to contact parents for any reason necessary. Nobody wants their parents contacted so understand why this could bother you. Understand though that this to be sure you are following rules and staying out of trouble. School is looking out for your best interest.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope this doesn't get off toppic but one time when I was in high school waiting for the short bus to take me to volunteer work at a elementary school my resource teacher sayid if the bus arrives late I will call your mom and tell her. I did not want her to. Them as soon as the bus arrived late she said all right I'll call your mom and tell her. The phone number she said to me asked me if that was the number to my house phone and I said yes. So as soon as I lefed the building she called.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Sounds as if the resource teacher just wanted to inform your mom that the bus was running late and for her not to worry. Otherwise it sounds as if you were a good student who followed the rules which is what every teacher wants in a student.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After that I was breathing heavily. And as soon as I got home I asked my mom if she got the call and she said yes and then I when the upstairs and masturbated while thinking about the house and I think of the garage as being the house's ball sack. I have feelings for both sexes. PS if this sounds too weird I have autism and Obsessive compulsive disorder I think differently.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

In this case, it might be best to talk with one of our health experts who can answer any questions you may have about your feelings. You can go ahead and rate my answer and then go back and restate your question to our health experts who would be more than happy to assist.

Wishing you the best this evening.

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Good bye.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Have a great evening.

Michael