A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

What nonprofit organizations that are based in the U.S.

Customer Question

What nonprofit organizations that are based in the U.S. operate in Newfoundland?
Category: General
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

Can you provide the specifics of what you are needing for this prompt as what you have provided above does not really show what is required. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be to find an expert who is best able to support your needs.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Greg:I am trying to determine which (if any) U.S.-based non profits have operations in Newfoundland. This could be regional offices, field work, etc. I am interested in working for a U.S.-based non profit which operates in Newfoundland. This could be ANY type of non profit such as higher education, environmental, etc. I am especially interested in higher education, environmental, conservation, animals, etc.Please let me know if you find anything.

After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.

I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.

Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 1 year ago.

I believe the short answer here is "none" based on semantics. An entity registered as "non-profit" in the US absolves it from US taxes. Likewise, a nonprofit in Canada absolves of from taxes in Canada. You will find all types of Canadian non-profits such as Canadian Cancer Society, Heart and Stroke Fund, SPCA, Goodwill, MADD, Children's Wish Foundation, Canadian Foodgrains Bank, Ronald McDonald House, United Way, YMCA, Salvation Army, Newfoundland and Labrador Environmental Network, and dozens more. There is no shortage of non-profits in Newfoundland, they just aren't regulated as "non-profits" in the US. They fulfill the same or similar goals in Newfoundland as they do in the US, but they are regulated by Canadian law. Here are just a couple of sites to look over.

http://www.canadian-universities.net/Volunteer/Environment-Newfoundland.html

http://www.stjohns.worldweb.com/BusinessIndex/Organizations-NonProfit/

Kind regards,

Schuyler

~