chester298
chester298,
69243481
Type Your Question Here...

I have a Janome 15000 and when I turn it on the start button

Customer Question

I have a Janome 15000 and when I turn it on the start button lights but the computer does not,.
Category: General
Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to just answer.

May I know what do you mean by computer does not? Are you referring to PC such as laptop or desktop?

Are you sewing embroidery? If so may I know the operating system of your computer and your embroidery software and its version?

Please post back,

Chester

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was talking about the sewing machine not my computer. It happened when I turned the sewing machine on and the computer screen did not turn on. The light is on where the start button is so I know it is getting power from electricity.

I was not sewing anything because it was when I turned it on. I have windows 7 on my computer ( I think) I also do not know the embroidery software

Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your immediate response.

If your screen doesn't turn on and the sewing lights are ON. Your machine is have voltage input comes from outlet going to your machine. The possible problem is either power board or main CPU. Power board is a board that gives DC (direct current) to entire machine to power up. It has output of 12 volts for lights and 5 volts for main CPU. So the possible missing is 5 volts. The other possibility is you main cpu is faulty, when the Main CPU have 5 volts input comes from power board but still not working the main CPU is dead.

However, before you decide to replace the board or send it to repair shop. We need to try to reset all the electronic parts inside by leaving your machine unplug for at least 2 hours just to automatic discharge all voltage charges and reset the CPU.

Hope this information will be helpful.

IMPORTANT: RATING IS REQUIRED! If you are satisfied to my answer please don't forget to rate,,GOOD OR EXCELLENT rating and BONUS are greatly appreciated...

Expert:  chester298 replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,
Chester