123haris
123haris,
50609096
Type Your Question Here...

I just bought a new hp computer. In setting it up. It went

Customer Question

I just bought a new hp computer. In setting it up. It went to sleep and I'm now locked out.
It does not accept the password ***** though I set up.
What do I do?
Category: General
Expert:  123haris replied 1 year ago.

I understand that your computer locked out in between the setup and you are unable to login to Windows using your login password. I definitely know this could be really frustrating. Let's perform some troubleshooting steps one by one to resolve this issue.

Expert:  123haris replied 1 year ago.

First of all, please check whether the password ***** have entered was right or not.

You may check whether the Caps lock button is ON, because passwords are case sensitive.

Expert:  123haris replied 1 year ago.

If you have entered a password ***** please check it and enter the right password. Also, you can try with your commonly using passwords.

Expert:  123haris replied 1 year ago.

If the operating system is Windows 10 and if you are using your Microsoft account to login, the password ***** be the same password ***** your Microsoft account. Also, if you have changed the Windows login option by entering a PIN, you need to enter that 4 digit PIN to login to Windows 10.

Expert:  123haris replied 1 year ago.

If these option does not work, then we need to use available recovery options. Since this computer is an HP computer, it should have startup recovery option. Please refer to the link in the following notepad to know about performing the recovery process.

This recovery process will erase everything from the C drive of your computer, including passwords and restore it to factory settings. Since the computer is a new one, I hope there is no data to lost.​

Expert:  123haris replied 1 year ago.

If the above steps are unable to perform, then the remaining option is the clean installation of Windows operating system using Windows operating system DVD or using a USB bootable flash drive. If the above option does not work, please let me know.

Expert:  123haris replied 1 year ago.

* Please follow the steps from the above attached notepad, before thinking about a clean installation.

Thank you for contacting us. Have a great weekend!!!