Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Lost combo to safe and cant get it opened

Customer Question

lost combo to safe and cant get it opened
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thanks very much for requesting me to help with your safes question.

Who is the maker/manufacturer and what is the model number?

Does the safe require a key to open, in conjunction with the combination?

When was the last time the safe was opened, successfully?

Thanks for all your additional information, so I may assist you better. Once you reply, please allow me some time to compose and send your detailed answer.

Best wishes,

Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Cher, the safe belonged to my parents and they are no longer with us. Its a combination lock with no key, All it says on it is World monetary exchange reserve. Thanks diane
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Diane and thanks for your very helpful reply.

My heartfelt condolences on the loss of your parents.

Just to let you know I'm working on your question, now.

Best regards,

Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cher, on the back of the safe, there is a bar code and a small silver tag,but someone tryed to remove them,so you cant read them.Sorry I cant be more help. Diane
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Diane and thanks once again for your additional information.

It's possible that the silver tag contained the model and serial number, which you would need to retrieve the combination from the manufacturer, so this may pose a problem.

As I understand it, World Monetary Exchange Reserve is in the business of selling collectible(?) coins/currency and adds the safe as a 'bonus' incentive. World Monetary Exchange does not seem to be in the safe manufacturing business; however, since they provided the safe to your parents, it is their obligation to supply the combination number if it is unknown, due to the circumstances.

I have two phone numbers from this company, which you can try, to get Customer Service to help you retrieve the combination:

Mandi-Executive Assistant:(###) ###-####br />
Client Satisfaction Department:(###) ###-####br />
If the safe came with any paperwork and/or a manila envelope, those should include the combination, if you can locate them, perhaps, among your parents' things.

Combinations are never available online for reasons of safety and security. The safe's manufacturer is the only one who can supply this information, after you prove safe ownership with a notarized statement. If you need to get into the safe immediately, your only other option is to call a local safe technician/locksmith who might be able to get the safe open without ruining it, or it might have to be drilled open, rendering it unusable. This company is nationwide and may have an office near you:
http://www.clearstar.com/

I wish you much good luck and hope you are able to get the safe opened!

My goal is to provide you with the best service possible. If you feel I have done so, then an "positive/excellent rating" is greatly appreciated! If not, please click "Reply" to let me know how I can better assist you. Thank you very much!

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cher, well thankyou for trying,does this still cost the 15 dollars
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

You're most welcome, Diane!

If you found my answer helpful and rate positively, a portion of the deposit amount is forwarded to me for my efforts.

If you did not find the answer helpful, do not rate, but you can get a refund of your deposit.

It's going to be difficult to find the combination to this safe, considering the circumstances. Would you like to try the two phone numbers I provided and let me know if you got the information you needed?

Warmest wishes,

Cher

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cher, tryed both #s and had no luck. Thank you, ***** ***** i will make it into a nice night stand, Diane
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.

Hi again, Diane and thanks for your reply.

You're most welcome, and I was glad to try to be of help, but under these circumstances, I think hiring a local safe technician or locksmith to try to open the safe without breaking it, might be your next, best solution. It CAN make a nice night stand, though! : )

If it makes you feel any better, I've had many questions about this particular kind of safe and the outcome is usually the same as yours.

Warmest wishes,

Cher