Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
23511658
Type Your Question Here...

Model 11068702894 Kenmore Series 70 dryer will not turn on.

Customer Question

Model *********** Kenmore Series 70 dryer will not turn on. It is heating great. I checked and cleaned the door for blockages. But the dryer will not turn on! Checked the main to the house to make sure the breaker didn't trip! At my wits end with this issue! Checked to make sure the door aligns with the control switch! All is good there! So why won't it turn on? Thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago via ApplianceRepair.Net.
Category: General
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. If it's heating up then then there is nothing stopping it from actually turning on and it sounds like the drum just is not rotating. If that's the case, I would open it up and see if the belt is broken or worn. This is the most likely cause and it's an easy repair.