Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747
Type Your Question Here...

I lost my key to brinks safe model 5054. I have it dialed to

Customer Question

I lost my key to brinks safe model 5054. I have it dialed to the correct combination. is there any simple way to unlock the other part
Category: General
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There is not any simple way to unlock the other part of the safe. It would not be a 'safe' if it were openable without key or combination or both.

While it is true that some cheap safes might be openable by some trick, they are the very cheapest and lowest-quality, and your Brinks safe is not either the cheapest nor the lowest quality.

I suspect you will have to apply to Brinks Security (which may have been acquired by another company name, though offhand I forget which one) with proof of ownership, in order to get another key issued. (If this sounds acceptable as a course to pursue, I will research the true company that now has proprietorship over your Brinks Safe, and let your know what to do.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is exactly what I had done before I first contacted your website. As you mentioned, brinks has been acquired by another company and has no records or access to any keys or combinations. I guess I will have to damage my safe to open it.