Michael
Michael, Librarian
Experience:  20+ years as information professional
70951075
Type Your Question Here...

There are websites where you can place cameras in your home

Customer Question

There are websites where you can place cameras in your home and people pay to watch those cameras, sort of like a tv show. A friend of mine is interested in doing this, but I'm having a hard time finding websites that offer this feature. I did find one and they take 40% of what you make which seems a little excessive? She's not a shy person and would be willing to have nudity and/or cameras in all rooms including bedroom and bathroom. Can you find me some sites that do this kind of business?
Category: General
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to the site.

I am going to do some further research - is she looking for a "reality" type theme or for a more sexual type site as those would be different.

Also, that 40% is actually right in the range you are going to find. They are supplying the site and the publicity and the range of 40-50% is going to be the average take for these types of sites to cover their expenses as well. This is especially true while building the person up - once they are established and have larger following there might be more money to be made percentage wise but at the beginning it is the company that is taking more of the risk in the venture.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Im not sure....probably whichever would make the most money but if you can include some of both that would be good.

After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.

I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

After some research from those that have used web services to make money having a camera in various rooms in their home, two that were listed included:

Www.paltalk.com

Webcam sites for your home to consider includes:

http://www.webcammodelingjobsnow.com/blog/best-paying-webcam-sites/

NY Times offers information on these sites that your friend should read about:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/22/technology/intimacy-on-the-web-with-a-crowd.html?_r=0