Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Teacher
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550
Type Your Question Here...

Just picked up a Standard Cleveland at an estate sale. It

Customer Question

Hi ! Just picked up a Standard Cleveland at an estate sale. It says it's a Model C ? The model plate is messed up a little . It looks like there may have been a letter or number (1 digit) before the C. SN ? The only number I can find on it is 962630C. I went to the ISMCS site but, they don't list a manufacturer of Standard. Even though I'm old, I'm new to antique sewing machines. I'm interested in getting a manual on this machine and instructions for cleaning and upkeep. Ken H.
Category: General
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Greg.

I see this might be time sensitive.

Do you still need this answered?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Greg,It's only time sensitive in that my Free Period ends on 8/27/15.I recently purchased the machine and am trying to establish what year it was manufactured.It is a treadle machine. Through some web research I've discovered that the Standard company manufactured treadle sewing machines between 1884 and 1901. I thought that maybe the model and serial number could identify the exact year.I'm also looking for a Operation Manual for this machine so I can service it.Thanks,Ken

After going through my resources, I do not have what is necessary to complete at this time.

I am opting out and opening up to the other professionals and messaging a couple who might be able to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.